Register Now
Kane99

Should another dev team make future Batman games instead of Rocksteady?

Rocksteady is a highly respected development team, but I really think it's time to give the Batman IP to another studio going forward. The new suicide squad game looks like it's going to turn out to be a failure, much like that Avengers live service game. I don't see this game having any staying power. 

I love the Arkham games too, but even with those games, Rocksteady never really changed much. The controls and combat was usually always the same in each game. Hell even boss fights were similar in most of the games. But I think Suicide Squad has officially killed it. I haven't played it yet, but I assume the live service aspect of it is going to push people away. 

I'd rather have a 4 player co-op game where you play a story like in the Arkham games, but this live service stuff is only going to see it fall faster. 

I think it's time to let Rocksteady do other things, and give Batman or any DC properties to someone else. 

Yeah, I can see the logic in shifting the IP elsewhere.  The Arkham games are fantastic, but they've had their place and another one doesn't make sense.  Now would be the right time for someone else to come in, do something different, put a new twist on things, and see where Batman can go.  Rocksteady gets to work on new things, everyone wins!

This suicide squad game is the biggest piece of trash I've seen all year. Even by superhero game standards, this actually makes Marvel's Avengers look like a decent game. The storyline is absolute trash and the gameplay mechanics are frustrating to say the least.

It's just like what's been happening with the Call of Duty franchise. It definitely needs a new development team to take over everything about the game production. So, it's the same thing I feel with Batman games. A new breath of life needs to ushered into the game.