Register Now
Kennysplash

Does getting really good at a game ruins the fun?

I was so good as PES in PS3 then. Friends would line up and see who would beat me out, however it started to get boring. It’s not their fault though, they are not novices in any way. But I got so good. 

For some the fun comes from mastering the game and being able to play at a high level. 

For me however, I think the fun of gaming is in the discovery and exploration of a game. Once I feel I have mastered it the fun fades away. 
Which side do you belong? 

I think it depends on the gamer what "fun" means according to them. Some might have fun by squashing newbies and others as they are too damn good. Others might have fun by just playing with their friends no matter they are winning or losing. I'm one of those who even after getting great at a game, would play with the newbies and help them get better.

There two game that I have mastered (personal opinion) and only one of the two has lost much of its allure. That's because I can say factually that I know literally everything about the game. The other, while I have an encyclopedic knowledge about the game, I'm still finding new things and enjoying the hell out of.

Not really - you probably have to challenge yourself in creative ways. Set personal challenges that will push you to experience the game in a whole different way and possibly improve your skills even further in said game.