Register Now
killamch89

Would you rather be a volcano surfer or ice climber?

If you had to pick between two adrenaline-packed adventures, would you rather be a volcano surfer or an ice climber? Volcano surfing promises fiery rushes and molten excitement, while ice climbing offers the chill of frosty challenges. Which thrill calls to your adventurous soul?

After considering a few things, I would go for the ice climbing. My body is intolerant of heat and if the temp gets much above 65° to 70° I pass out. It's not until I can get taken somewhere that is colder than I come back around. So while volcano surfing sounds like a blast, I would just prefer being conscious while having that kind of thrill.

Edited by The Blackangel

On 4/17/2024 at 7:14 PM, The Blackangel said:

After considering a few things, I would go for the ice climbing. My body is intolerant of heat and if the temp gets much above 65° to 70° I pass out. It's not until I can get taken somewhere that is colder than I come back around. So while volcano surfing sounds like a blast, I would just prefer being conscious while having that kind of thrill.

I'm picking that as well. Volcano surfing sounds like a disaster waiting to happen although an avalanche can also occur during ice climbing but you have a better chance of surviving that. Imagine volcano surfing and then the volcano suddenly decides to get active lol.

I will go with the volcano surfer. I am built in a way that I can feel more comfortable with heat than the ice and going to the ice is more like asking for a death sentence.  It is never going to work well at the end of the day.

Edited by Knight Barida

On 4/18/2024 at 9:53 PM, killamch89 said:

although an avalanche can also occur during ice climbing but you have a better chance of surviving that.

People rarely survive an avalanche. The force of the snow hitting them isn't much different that a wall of concrete hitting them. If they're not immediately killed by that, they usually tend to suffocate under the snow.

Edited by The Blackangel

15 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

People rarely survive an avalanche. The force of the snow hitting them isn't much different that a wall of concrete hitting them. If they're not immediately killed by that, they usually tend to suffocate under the snow.

To be fair, you're not going to survive a suddenly active volcano either. Between the toxic fumes and incredible heat, you'll die quickly.