Register Now
Heatman

Where do scammers usually send me messages?

Scammers can contact you through so many means like text message, chatting on social media platforms like Facebook messenger, Discord, Telegram, TikTok or even threads emails. 

Which platforms do scammers used to reach out to you on? 

During an election year, I get spam texts from politicians on both sides of the aisle. When I get one, I immediately reply with STOP, which is usually the reply to be unsubscribed from their lists. But it never makes a dent. The rest of the time, I get phone calls that are pure bullshit. Like here in the last couple years I've been getting calls from people claiming to be Medicare. When I ask them to tell me what my first name is, they go silent for a few seconds then hang up on me. And my first name is a very common name. That one though, I laugh about as they're that stupid they can't even take the time to find anything out about the person they're wanting to scam.

But a popcorn worthy response is only doable if you're living with someone who has dementia. Put them on the phone with the scammer. Twenty minutes into the call they'll be thinking they're talking to their long lost uncle Bob. The scammer will actually be saying "Look I got shit to do" and try getting off the phone.