Register Now
StaceyPowers

Any Pickpocketing Tips for Skyrim?

Pickpocketing is the hardest skill for me to develop in Skyrim. I have a hard time understanding what factors modify the percentage chances. Like there’s this diamond I’m supposed to steal, and it said 1% chance at first. I have levelled up picpocketing a number of times, and the chance was as high as 17% at one point, but now it’s back down to 4%.

Anyone have any light to shed or tips to share?

I never was to good at it I'm afraid.  Even with my stealth characters its the one skill I never got very high.  A couple of things you could try: Use potions to increase your skill/chance at success temporarily,  Enchant clothing items with increased pick pocketing (if you can, I think there is an enchantment for this).  Also, if you can find where the person sleeps, sneak into their house at night and pickpocket them while they sleep, this greatly increases your odds.  Good luck. 

Edited by Joant73

On 1/2/2019 at 10:06 AM, xXInfectedXx said:

Enter sneak mode and don't get caught. It is important to keep an eye peeled on the detection meter. Start of by stealing smaller value items until you are higher rank. Being a higher rank will make it easier to pick pocket.

And if all else fails just Fus-Ro-Dah them halfway across town and then you can definitely pickpocket them.🤣

16 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Actually, doesn't the game then tell you "this person has already caught you"?

Sometimes it glitches and they still haven't detected you and then you can still loot their stuff. As someone once said, Skyrim isn't perfect. 🤣

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Sometimes it glitches and they still haven't detected you and then you can still loot their stuff. As someone once said, Skyrim isn't perfect. 🤣

lol, no kidding. It's so shamelessly buggy that I almost swear that is part of its charm.

On 1/6/2019 at 2:40 PM, StaceyPowers said:

lol, no kidding. It's so shamelessly buggy that I almost swear that is part of its charm.

And Bethesda's habit of selling us unfinished buggy games has caught up to them at last. This Fallout 76 thing is really going to leave a stain on their reputation for years to come and they don't have as much resources and fame as EA to stay afloat after a few bad games.