Register Now
Jerlene

Do you keep a journal?

I do keep a journal, but it's definitely not a diary. I'm not writing down the things that happen to me, usually. Most of the time it's not even in complete sentences. It's basically just a series of notes that I keep about various projects I'm working on, interspersed with my thoughts on my progress. I do keep it updated every day, and it's sort of how I keep track of my life, so I would call it a journal in a sense.

I have no idea how people keep actual diaries. I barely have time to do things once, much less relive them by taking the time to write them down.

On 1/20/2021 at 3:25 AM, m76 said:

No, but I'd love to have something like google glass that could record every minute of my waking life so I can go back and replay any part at any time.

I remember Google acquiring this smartglass company and then shutting them down and I wondered why they never made use of the technology. It was so ahead of it's time!

I’ve kept a diary since 1990! Back then it was those little books with the lock. Then I progressed to Word Processing. With a computer & Microsoft Word, it’s a lot easier to write in it. The best thing, you can edit, add to, what you wrote. Some people view it as a chore. Journaling is not for them then. It’s meant to be something you want to do & that helps you.

2 hours ago, ZandraJoi said:

I’ve kept a diary since 1990! Back then it was those little books with the lock. Then I progressed to Word Processing. With a computer & Microsoft Word, it’s a lot easier to write in it. The best thing, you can edit, add to, what you wrote. Some people view it as a chore. Journaling is not for them then. It’s meant to be something you want to do & that helps you.

It also gives you away to look back and reflect on various things you went through over that period and you can see where you possibly need to improve.