Register Now
Jerlene

Do you keep a journal?

When you're a kid keeping a journal or diary is a phase you usually go through. But do you do it as an adult, too? I like to write but I don't keep a journal. I used to but only because my teacher asked me to write a letter to her everyday and save it in a journal and give it to her after. 

Really? Why do you journal? Is it for business or for pleasure?

When I did it I liked the idea of being able to go back and read it years later. I can't find my very first one though. I had a total of three, technically. The first one didn't really count because of the lack of entries.

On 11/16/2018 at 11:31 PM, Jerlene said:

Really? Why do you journal? Is it for business or for pleasure?

When I did it I liked the idea of being able to go back and read it years later. I can't find my very first one though. I had a total of three, technically. The first one didn't really count because of the lack of entries.

Just for memories. Something to look back to when you're much older.

I do keep a journal. It's a "worry booklet" which helps eases my Anxiety and for me, by writing them down, this is a good way of dealing with unneeded worries. It helps me to organize my thoughts, see clearer, and have a overall better day. 

Edited by Alexander.

I do, and it helps me brain dump and get my thoughts out. It also helps me figure things out, gives me insight about myself, and is just generally good therapy for me. I usually write about whatever’s on my mind, what’s going on, what I’m hoping to accomplish, ideas I have, etc. There are journal prompts out there if you need help getting started.

I have two kinds of journal:

1. A genealogy book, which was gifted to me by my partner for Christmas 2020. She'd evidently thought about it because I do so love notebooks, but it's also based on Doctor Who, being in the shape of a TARDIS. It's quite poetic that in Doctor Who River Song kept a journal of a similar description to jot down her adventures with the time-traveller, past and present. I use that book specifically for my genealogy findings as my partner got me into the hobby.
  2. A 'creepy notebook', a name I got from a Mr. Plinkett review in reference to the money he'd 'saved' on his Kodak printer challenge. I used it to jot down notes at an organisation I had to attend last year, the organisation where I'd met my partner. That tatty old thing was one of the many things I'd included in my Christmas gift for her as it was frequently brought up during our time there. But when that one was filled up, I've since kept notes and journaled conversations with her to reflect on while we're apart during this crisis. To the outside observer it's full of mundane tripe, but to me it's a treasure.