Register Now
StaceyPowers

Any starting advice for Bioshock Infinite?

27 minutes ago, StaceyPowers said:

I'm just beginning Bioshock Infinite for the first time. Anyone have any handy tips and advice (spoiler-free please) for a newbie?

Don't be afraid to experiment a bit with the different plasmids. Infinite has a cool system where you can mix/match plasmids to create hybrid effects. Also, there's a ton of secret rooms and the like, so don't be afraid to get in there and explore every nook and cranny. Enjoy! It's a great game 🙂

7 minutes ago, DylanC said:

Don't be afraid to experiment a bit with the different plasmids. Infinite has a cool system where you can mix/match plasmids to create hybrid effects. Also, there's a ton of secret rooms and the like, so don't be afraid to get in there and explore every nook and cranny. Enjoy! It's a great game 🙂

Thanks for the advice! 

Is there a way to tell when the game last auto-saved, btw? And there is no way to create manual saves?

1 minute ago, StaceyPowers said:

Thanks for the advice! 

Is there a way to tell when the game last auto-saved, btw? And there is no way to create manual saves?

Honestly, it's been such a long time since I played it (I played it at launch back in 2013). I *think* there was a way to manual save on PS3. Maybe you've got to play up to a certain point before you can do so. I remember there being quite a lengthy/slow opening section. Sorry for not being more helpful!

21 hours ago, DylanC said:

Honestly, it's been such a long time since I played it (I played it at launch back in 2013). I *think* there was a way to manual save on PS3. Maybe you've got to play up to a certain point before you can do so. I remember there being quite a lengthy/slow opening section. Sorry for not being more helpful!

Actually, I'm increasingly sure you can't manually save. But at least I figured out how to see when it saved last.

1 minute ago, StaceyPowers said:

Actually, I'm increasingly sure you can't manually save. But at least I figured out how to see when it saved last.

Ah, sorry - my bad! Must be one of those titles that relies solely on auto-saves. 

On 11/13/2018 at 7:26 AM, Katri Marcell said:

Keep an eye to discussions and details found on the road like paintings and statues

I've been looking very carefully at the statues and paintings on your advice. Not only is the artwork amazing, but you are right--there are a lot of details i'd have missed otherwise in terms of plot. Thank you!

17 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

I've been looking very carefully at the statues and paintings on your advice. Not only is the artwork amazing, but you are right--there are a lot of details i'd have missed otherwise in terms of plot. Thank you!

You're welcome! I took that advice when I started it as well and I was rewarded with a magnificent story 😮