Register Now
UleTheVee

Cross-Play Gaming: The Future of Gaming?

On 12/18/2018 at 4:11 PM, kingpotato said:

I think it will be good for the gaming world, but maybe it will just be for free to play games due to the "Console wars" .

Even the owners of the companies of said consoles have said that they think the Console wars are both pointless and stupid. So if even the head of Microsoft and Nintendo tell you that it's dumb. Maybe it's because it is.

It would be great for us as gamers because there's nothing better than having more people to play with especially if your friends are on different consoles. With crossplay, you wouldn't have to worry about what console your friend gets, you can get what you want and still be able to play with them. I seriously doubt it is coming soon though. There is no benefit to the gaming companies by doing this because they could potentially be losing out people getting their console.

13 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

More like the guy who doesn't want to be in anyone's business lol

lol

13 minutes ago, DarthHazard said:

It would be great for us as gamers because there's nothing better than having more people to play with especially if your friends are on different consoles. With crossplay, you wouldn't have to worry about what console your friend gets, you can get what you want and still be able to play with them. I seriously doubt it is coming soon though. There is no benefit to the gaming companies by doing this because they could potentially be losing out people getting their console.

Your comment is spot and even though Microsoft and Nintendo will say the console wars is foolishness, they are only saying that now because Sony was dominating them. I remember some 10 years ago Sony brought forward the same proposal to Microsoft and Microsoft point-blank refused so I can see why Sony would be hesitant to co-operate.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

lol

Your comment is spot and even though Microsoft and Nintendo will say the console wars is foolishness, they are only saying that now because Sony was dominating them. I remember some 10 years ago Sony brought forward the same proposal to Microsoft and Microsoft point-blank refused so I can see why Sony would be hesitant to co-operate.

We deserve crossplay on almost all platforms for multiplatgames. We just do.

Just now, UleTheVee said:

We deserve crossplay on almost all platforms for multiplatgames. We just do.

I know but I am giving a bit of context as to why Sony is so hesitant to join any crossplay agreement with Microsoft. Yes, I do agree that the consumer should come first but most companies care about protecting their brand first and foremost.