Register Now
StaceyPowers

Books, comics, and other materials connected to games

On 1/27/2019 at 3:14 PM, StaceyPowers said:

How often do you read or collect materials associated with your favorite games, i.e. novels written to fill in the blanks for a particular franchise? Any particularly good books or comics you’ve read that enhanced your appreciation for a certain game?

I have read a couple of the Witcher books and it helped me understand the lore of the Witcher world better and it helped me throughout the various Witcher games.

17 hours ago, killamch89 said:

I have read a couple of the Witcher books and it helped me understand the lore of the Witcher world better and it helped me throughout the various Witcher games.

How are they? I actually got curious about them before the games were huge (the books came first), but they weren't translated to English back then.

I used to collect Final Fantasy specific merchandise. Also collected some stuff related to Serious Sam and Quake in past. There are also some overwatch specific items to purchase. But I prefer to only buy the items specific to the games I have loved in past or current. Not much into comics or manga specific games but I do like some of them and won't hesitate to buy merchandise. 

4 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

How are they? I actually got curious about them before the games were huge (the books came first), but they weren't translated to English back then.

They are actually pretty informative - especially about the origin of certain monsters and characters which were not addressed in the game. I feel like in the games, Geralt is kinda nerfed compared to what his feats were in the stories.