Register Now
skyfire

How often to change PC Specifications?

Each year we end up with a game that requires pretty much higher configuration. And it can be pretty harder to make sure to have that specifications. You can see that each year some games tend to force new graphics requirement. And for that we often need to upgrade the existing specs to play that or just wait for console version. And in case of PC, it can be expensive to keep up with those type of the changes. So how often do you change the PC specifications?

I only upgrade my PC when it can't play the games I'm interested in well. And I go a long time in between games I'm really interested in playing these days lol. Most of the time I'm content watching a let's play of games just to see what's out there. 

I upgraded my graphics card for Fallout 4/Skyrim SE, for example. Since then there hasn't been a new game I've wanted to play, so I haven't worried about it. I just spend a lot of time replaying the games I like or playing WoW I guess. Not a lot of upgrades needed lol. 

On 1/30/2019 at 7:43 AM, killamch89 said:

Every 3-4 years because I usually build an extremely powerful desktop that is future proof so that it can still play most games even years later.

Yes that seems to be a good benchmark for the gamers. Though graphics card and RAM is pretty expensive. I am wondering what else can be done in case of the screen etc. Do you also change the screen after say 5 years? I am thinking of replacing some of my old stuff. And thinking that it can be pretty good in that context. So far I have realized that I can push my current LCD for few more years. 

Every 3-4 years. I tend to buy a high end Gaming Laptop so it'll end up lasting longer. If you don't know what your doing and you start modifying specifications on a Laptop and taking it apart you could end up corrupting data or even worse, breaking the machine if your not careful. 

It's much easier to buy a new device every couple of years if your a Laptop Gamer, like I am. 

Edited by xXInfectedXx

I think high end games require more stronger configuration and things can get pretty difficult with increase in cost.Like you need to be careful while using them. And it means you have to get the better specs that can work out for you. There are some of the specs which often be too much for the box or say even for PC. So I think it all depends on handling and having good specs to last longer.