Register Now
DylanC

Anyone else had their wisdom teeth extracted?

On 2/2/2019 at 5:43 AM, DylanC said:

Just had three of my wisdom teeth removed and finding it hard to eat. I'm in a lot of pain atm. Anyone else had their wisdom teeth taken out? What food were you eating straight after?

It happened about 10 years ago and all I could have was juice and easily chewed fruits like raisins. I also couldn't speak for close to a day so I had to be doing sign-language -_-.

9 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It happened about 10 years ago and all I could have was juice and easily chewed fruits like raisins. I also couldn't speak for close to a day so I had to be doing sign-language -_-.

Aw, man. I’m glad to find someone else who’s been through this before. It’s incredibly unpleasant. Aye, I’ve been drinking a lot of juice, too, though the pain’s been so bad I started eating baby food yesterday (!). Problem is, my stitches got infected over the weekend so I had to go to the hospital. Thankfully got some antibiotics now. Worst thing is not eating proper food, though. I really fancy a cheeseburger or a pizza! Grrr...

11 hours ago, DylanC said:

Aw, man. I’m glad to find someone else who’s been through this before. It’s incredibly unpleasant. Aye, I’ve been drinking a lot of juice, too, though the pain’s been so bad I started eating baby food yesterday (!). Problem is, my stitches got infected over the weekend so I had to go to the hospital. Thankfully got some antibiotics now. Worst thing is not eating proper food, though. I really fancy a cheeseburger or a pizza! Grrr...

It has to be one of my most annoying experiences because I had to miss college for a week and a half and it took me close to 3 weeks before I could get any solid food again.

2 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It has to be one of my most annoying experiences because I had to miss college for a week and a half and it took me close to 3 weeks before I could get any solid food again.

Yeesh, 3 weeks before you ate solid food again. That must’ve been real tough. I’m hoping my recovery doesn’t take that long (my hankering for a burger is growing exponentially by the day!)

1 hour ago, DylanC said:

Yeesh, 3 weeks before you ate solid food again. That must’ve been real tough. I’m hoping my recovery doesn’t take that long (my hankering for a burger is growing exponentially by the day!)

It depends on how fast your body heals. I think they were being very cautious with me so the dentist said 2-3 weeks. That gum infection may set you back a couple days though.

11 hours ago, killamch89 said:

It depends on how fast your body heals. I think they were being very cautious with me so the dentist said 2-3 weeks. That gum infection may set you back a couple days though.

Yeah the gum infection wasn't pretty -- definitely gonna take me a few more days to recover. Thanks for sharing your experience, it genuinely helped me out 🙂

I had mine removed a few years ago. I stuck to thin soup like chicken noodle, and soft stuff like yogurt and scrambled eggs. Now I’ve had to have everything on bottom pulled and most of my teeth on top pulled so I wear dentures. They’re not a good idea if you can avoid it. For example, since there’s no feeling in them, I don’t know where my food is in my mouth or if it’s chewed up enough to swallow. And I’ve had problems swallowing my entire life. I can’t eat anything unless I have some kind of fluid to push it down. I’ve had to be heimliched more than once.