Register Now
Alexander.

Identity Theft

Nowadays you have to be really careful to who you share your personal information with online as a hacker can build up a profile against you and potentially use it to take out loans, credit cards or impersonate you for their benefit. Whilst gaming, do you use your real name or nickname? What sensitive info do you share with fellow gamers, if any? I use the same nickname posting on discussion boards as I do when gaming online. I don't give any of my personal details to any strangers online even if they seem legit and are on my team, it's not worth taking the risk. 

On 2/4/2019 at 6:15 AM, xXInfectedXx said:

Nowadays you have to be really careful to who you share your personal information with online as a hacker can build up a profile against you and potentially use it to take out loans, credit cards or impersonate you for their benefit. Whilst gaming, do you use your real name or nickname? What sensitive info do you share with fellow gamers, if any? I use the same nickname posting on discussion boards as I do when gaming online. I don't give any of my personal details to any strangers online even if they seem legit and are on my team, it's not worth taking the risk. 

The most anyone knows about me is the country I come from and I had been hacked last year but it was my dropbox account the hacker got access to. At the time, I stored some of my passwords on a text file there and needless to say, he did do quite a bit of damage.

I think these days the identity theft is kind of expected in the days of data collection. Many people end up giving some really good data to the companies like say Facebook or so. I think identity theft is going to be something that needs to be taken care of by the government. Not all people can manage that from what I have noticed.