Register Now
StaceyPowers

Crunch time

I'm so far very much enjoying my first playthrough of RDR, but I keep thinking about all the awful crunch time stories I've heard about Rockstar (and other companies). It really bothers me that developers are seen as "throw away" resources--and it seems like even game creators often burn out from the high pressure involved with tight release schedules.

Personally, I don't mind waiting a long time for a really amazing game, and wish that crunch culture would change. What about you?

On 2/6/2019 at 2:35 PM, StaceyPowers said:

I'm so far very much enjoying my first playthrough of RDR, but I keep thinking about all the awful crunch time stories I've heard about Rockstar (and other companies). It really bothers me that developers are seen as "throw away" resources--and it seems like even game creators often burn out from the high pressure involved with tight release schedules.

Personally, I don't mind waiting a long time for a really amazing game, and wish that crunch culture would change. What about you?

I agree. I do wish more game companies could follow Rockstar's lead and take the time and effort in developing their game PROPERLY *cough*Bethesda*cough* and give us true masterpieces like RDR2.

The sad true about the videogame industry is that all that matters is profit, there is no point of making a good game if its not going to sell well. Thats why many publishers and developers are focusing these days on quick Battle royale games or Multiplayer in general. Creating an open world or single player with good narrative takes time and money, Thats one of the reasons why EA pulled the plug on the open world Starwars game, they said that they wanted something to cash in now not later. Hopefully Bethesda will give us an amazing Elder scrolls 6.