Register Now
skyfire

PS Plus subscription - is it worth it?

I see that a lot of people subscribe to the PS Plus subscription. I know that the subscription costs are a bit higher. Like 49.99 bucks for 12 months. I am not sure how it adds value for the casual gamers. I see that there are some people who do find the value out of such subscription. I just don't see much value with those discounts and playing 2 games each month for the life of subscription. I don't see much value as a casual gamers. 

Do you find any value in PS Plus subscription?

I have this same concern, I'm not really a multiplayer gamer but I do want to play some online games from time to time, right now I have fortnite and Apex but I get bored after an hour or so. Truth is there is no value for casual gamers, if multiplayer is not really your thing then there is no point of paying for the expensive PS Plus subscription .
On a side note Xbox will at least will allow you to keep the free monthly games whether you are paying for Xbox live or not.

If you're heavily involved with online multiplayer with ps4 titles, then yeah. I have a PS4 pro and haven't had a PSN subscription in 2 years lol. I play Fifa, COD and MHW but I make it up by playing RPG titles on Steam. I just find PSN subscription to be a waste of money for a guy who's not always on his console.

Aye, like CruiserX mentioned, if you’re into online multiplayer then it’s a no-brainer. Otherwise, I’d say don’t worry too much about it. The free games and cloud saves are a nice touch, but I wouldn’t say it’s the reason to get PS Plus. Online multiplayer is the real draw. The rest is just nice icing on the cake imho.

On a side note, that’s one of the reasons why I love my PS3/Vita... Free multiplayer!

Edited by DylanC

On 2/13/2019 at 2:11 AM, kingpotato said:

I have this same concern, I'm not really a multiplayer gamer but I do want to play some online games from time to time, right now I have fortnite and Apex but I get bored after an hour or so. Truth is there is no value for casual gamers, if multiplayer is not really your thing then there is no point of paying for the expensive PS Plus subscription .
On a side note Xbox will at least will allow you to keep the free monthly games whether you are paying for Xbox live or not.

I think this is one more reason why people tend to prefer the Xbox as they are being generous. Whereas the PS is being purely greedy on the PS plus subscription side. I think i'd be continuing Xbox sub if I were to own that. I have not much time to play those online multiplayer games. So one needs to be pretty good on the game playing side for those subscriptions to be any worth.