Register Now
Alexander.

Contactless Payments

We all either own a debit, credit or prepaid card in our possession to trade goods and services. Here in the UK, you can make contact-less payments up to £30.00. Does anyone here have the contactless symbol on their Visa Card and who here actually uses it? Contactless payments have reduced the amount of time that I have needed to spend at the checkouts. There are several other reasons too, to why I use Contactless.

Edited by xXInfectedXx

2 minutes ago, Cleopatra92 said:

What is it? 

Contactless allows a card, phone, smart card or another type of technology to wirelessly  connect to the merchants card reader in order to pay for goods or services. Watch this video to find out more information about Contactless payments. Let me know if you have any other questions!

On 2/13/2019 at 5:02 PM, killamch89 said:

I have one of those cards but I never really use the feature.

Why don't you use it? 

As you never really use the feature, do you have an card defender that protects your card from crooks who swipe past and take wireless payments out your account? Have you ever had this happen to you? Alternatively, if you loose or drop your card a fraudster can make fraudulent transaction without your authorisation to do so up to 30 pounds. 

What's the point in having Contactless enabled if your not actively using it?

The above issues become more likely if you have Contactless enabled when you don't need or use the feature. It could be a safer option to consider ordering a card without this. 

Hope this helps