Register Now
skyfire

Windows 7 or Windows 10 for emulators in 2019?

I have upgraded to the Windows 10 recently. And I am trying to learn how to make use of the new things and also learning how to add those old emulators and console on my system. I wonder how some of the users who want to play games on emulator makes use of the Windows 7. I heard that Windows 10 is not that good with the emulators. So I am wondering those who play games purely on emulators, have you upgraded to Windows 10?

On 3/1/2019 at 10:35 PM, skyfire said:

I have upgraded to the Windows 10 recently. And I am trying to learn how to make use of the new things and also learning how to add those old emulators and console on my system. I wonder how some of the users who want to play games on emulator makes use of the Windows 7. I heard that Windows 10 is not that good with the emulators. So I am wondering those who play games purely on emulators, have you upgraded to Windows 10?

Who said that bs?! Emulators have done fantastically with my Windows 10 Rig.

I usually use Dolphin/PCSX2/NO$Zoomer/etc. So yeah, maybe that's got to do with the lack of destruction. But a good PC will always run an emulator

10 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

Who said that bs?! Emulators have done fantastically with my Windows 10 Rig.

I usually use Dolphin/PCSX2/NO$Zoomer/etc. So yeah, maybe that's got to do with the lack of destruction. But a good PC will always run an emulator

True, it doesnt matter if you have windows 7 or 10 as long as the PC meets the requirements for the emulator you will be good to go.

The issue is that some emulators often have issues with some OS specific to the resource  allocation. That's what happened with the Win 8.1. And so I guess that's where the discussion moved to the Windows 10 on how it may or may not work for some old softwares. 

11 hours ago, skyfire said:

The issue is that some emulators often have issues with some OS specific to the resource  allocation. That's what happened with the Win 8.1. And so I guess that's where the discussion moved to the Windows 10 on how it may or may not work for some old softwares. 

LOL, do you even know what you're talking about?

The problem was already addressed in Windows 19 by allowing to downright use VM's that run the OS that best suits the application (ie. Windows 7 VM for Windows 7 programs, Windows 95 OS for 95 programs, etc.) A lot of old sofware can be run in Windows 10 thanks to this. Heck,. this is the way I get my Silent Hill 3 PC version to work for modding into an HD version

On 3/9/2019 at 9:14 PM, UleTheVee said:

LOL, do you even know what you're talking about?

The problem was already addressed in Windows 19 by allowing to downright use VM's that run the OS that best suits the application (ie. Windows 7 VM for Windows 7 programs, Windows 95 OS for 95 programs, etc.) A lot of old sofware can be run in Windows 10 thanks to this. Heck,. this is the way I get my Silent Hill 3 PC version to work for modding into an HD version

Yep I know what I am talking about. That's why I didn't typed Windows 19 even as a typo. *cough*

The thing is that VM and Images are different thing and emulators making use of the system resource to emulate specific microcontrollers of consoles is another thing. There is a reason why there are people reporting bugs for windows 10 in dolphin emulator forum. 

3 hours ago, skyfire said:

Yep I know what I am talking about. That's why I didn't typed Windows 19 even as a typo. *cough*

The thing is that VM and Images are different thing and emulators making use of the system resource to emulate specific microcontrollers of consoles is another thing. There is a reason why there are people reporting bugs for windows 10 in dolphin emulator forum. 

Maybe so, but that's still no different from other problems that other OS's have. Such as how there are some issues with graphics cards when running them on Windows 7 and such, especially when they come from the Radeon family.

7 minutes ago, skyfire said:

Ab6eRgh.png

As you can see Windows 10's constant updates every 6 months have caused many emulators to fail. Dolphin  emulator is just an example. 

Good on you showing a 2015 thread.

Not only that but either the issue has been hotfixed or there was a solution made for them.

I can tell you that MY copy of Windows 10 has given me 0 issues running Dolphin and PCSX2... And that's with the updates enabled.

Sigh. 

It's not about 2015 thread or so. Look below the links 2018, 2017 etc. Windows 10 is constantly changing software and it breaks emulators. Just because you don't get issues with the emulators does not mean there are no errors or so. Learn to accept the issues that others have. Childish attitude of "it's working for me that means I'll throw any random jargon on others and expect them to agree by my tune". Does not solve the issues. My point was there are issues of Windows 10 that emulator users face and that's the point I have proved. 

On 3/13/2019 at 2:49 AM, skyfire said:

Sigh. 

It's not about 2015 thread or so. Look below the links 2018, 2017 etc. Windows 10 is constantly changing software and it breaks emulators. Just because you don't get issues with the emulators does not mean there are no errors or so. Learn to accept the issues that others have. Childish attitude of "it's working for me that means I'll throw any random jargon on others and expect them to agree by my tune". Does not solve the issues. My point was there are issues of Windows 10 that emulator users face and that's the point I have proved. 

Problem is, those cases are still few and far between and do not represent a grand majority of users who are having these issues. Furthermore, Microsoft is starting to allow users to rollback installed Windows Updates in case something of this sort were to happen (Like it did in last October). Finally, I am not dismissing any sort of argument made by other parties. Saying that there are no issues in one OS is an oxymoron. But guess what? I am also telling you that Windows 7 has its fair share of issues as well and that doesn't need to be proven.

People are moving to Windows 10 slowly now that Windows 7 is EOL this year. The reason I made point towards Windows 10 is that because in case of Windows 10 was reported having issues by many of those emulators. In case of Windows, the way emulator forums report those errors show us that those who are using the older hardwares that runs Windows 10, tend to have more issues than one with with post 2018 hardware profile. Also with more people moving towards 10, it will have enough of such reports on the forums. 

18 hours ago, skyfire said:

People are moving to Windows 10 slowly now that Windows 7 is EOL this year. The reason I made point towards Windows 10 is that because in case of Windows 10 was reported having issues by many of those emulators. In case of Windows, the way emulator forums report those errors show us that those who are using the older hardwares that runs Windows 10, tend to have more issues than one with with post 2018 hardware profile. Also with more people moving towards 10, it will have enough of such reports on the forums. 

So now it's about the issues that WILL come up? Like I said before, people will be able to roll back intsallations of Windows 10 should any issues like October's patch happen. In other words, these problems will not happen anymore unless people want to go for the riskier solutions.

4 hours ago, UleTheVee said:

So now it's about the issues that WILL come up? Like I said before, people will be able to roll back intsallations of Windows 10 should any issues like October's patch happen. In other words, these problems will not happen anymore unless people want to go for the riskier solutions.

Can I ask you what exactly do you want? what's up with trying to push things to suit your narrative and POV? When people show you what they are having on their hands, you move the goal post. You deny what they been through because your windows is working. Rolling back as if solves the issues. What exactly is your mindset problem? Do you always chase for the last word in the discussion or anything psychological issue that I should know of? That being said, if you want your opinion to be last one then you won dude. Anything else we can help you here with?