Register Now
Jayson

Making a Gaming Website

If you had to make one, how would you do it?  How would you design it?  What forum and/or blog software would you use?  

O.K. some might just say "Copy VGR, lol", but are there any different ideas?

Edited by Jayson

At the moment all I know is HTML, so any site I would make would be pretty simplistic. Forums are usually available within the package you choose when you buy your domain from within your cpanel. Most aren't as elaborate as Invision forums, since they're just free. But if you can get a yabb forum, then you've gotten a fairly decent one. But if you want a site that's going to get much traffic, then you either need to have some serious abilities with it, or hire a professional.

1 minute ago, The Blackangel said:

At the moment all I know is HTML, so any site I would make would be pretty simplistic. Forums are usually available within the package you choose when you buy your domain from within your cpanel. Most aren't as elaborate as Invision forums, since they're just free. But if you can get a yabb forum, then you've gotten a fairly decent one. But if you want a site that's going to get much traffic, then you either need to have some serious abilities with it, or hire a professional.

Well, actually, free forums can be quite complex and I don't know of any premium blog software (Complex WordPress sites are on a free software.).

Anyway, what I'm hinting at is - free can be complex, depending on the skill of the developer.  I mean, Iv'e seen very advanced MyBB forums.

I'd just focus on one genre of the gaming, and then write the articles and also post the videos of that genre. That should be more than enough to get me initial traffic and then I'd be focusing more on the community.