Register Now
skyfire

Which recorder you use for Game recording on PC?

I think by default we don't have any recorder for the video on Windows. And for that we have to use external video recording. I think on that note, it can be pretty interesting to see all those free video recorder software. That being said, which is the one that you use? 

On 7/22/2019 at 1:36 PM, skyfire said:

OBS is good but the thing is that I never really learned how to work with it. I personally have found out that OBS can be pretty difficult to setup on Windows 7. Who knows if they may change it in future. 

Why don't you upgrade to Windows 10?

The forced upgrade every 6 months and the limited bandwidth plan for me keeps me from the ugprade for one computer. I have one computer which is new already upgraded to Windows 10 but mostly reserved for office work not for games. 

On 7/31/2019 at 5:04 AM, skyfire said:

The forced upgrade every 6 months and the limited bandwidth plan for me keeps me from the ugprade for one computer. I have one computer which is new already upgraded to Windows 10 but mostly reserved for office work not for games. 

In the device manager settings, you can set updates to be manual so that you can update your computer at your own convenience.

On 8/18/2019 at 8:16 PM, skyfire said:

I was checking the recorders out there. I want to know if there is a recorder that stream to more than one stream platform at the same time. 

I'm not sure which one to recommend for that because I haven't heard any gamer mention something like that. Maybe doing a quick Google search or checking Youtube could give you a better idea.

On 9/12/2019 at 11:03 PM, skyfire said:

Currently OBS and Camtasia both can be a good option. They can output pretty good video and also can export the video in our choice of formats. 

Also to note is that Camtasia can backup your video projects to a cloud if you turn on the function via Settings.

23 hours ago, Zro said:

OBS for video recording. I've never used it, but I've heard Davinci Resolve is a great video editor

I use OBS already on android as well as on the PC. My only issue is that I am finding open source alternative to the camtasia. 

For game recording, OBS can't be beat (in my opinion). I use OBS in tandem with my Elgato capture card if I'm running something from console and there are SO MANY tutorials on YouTube for OBS and the various things you can do with it