Register Now
TomSharp

Which Switch Would You Buy

If you didnt own one already which Switch would you buy, the original or the Lite? I was looking to buy one but the new Lite in my opinion is just a little overpriced in comparison to the orignal. The whole selling point of the switch for me is that you can play it portable and on the tv but with the Lite you cant do that. If it was cheaper then maybe I would consider it as a portable console but it just doesnt seem worth it at £199. 

Switch Infographic (1).png

12 hours ago, TomSharp said:

If you didnt own one already which Switch would you buy, the original or the Lite? I was looking to buy one but the new Lite in my opinion is just a little overpriced in comparison to the orignal. The whole selling point of the switch for me is that you can play it portable and on the tv but with the Lite you cant do that. If it was cheaper then maybe I would consider it as a portable console but it just doesnt seem worth it at £199. 

Switch Infographic (1).png

From what you've said, I think you should go for the OG Switch, personally. That said, if you were looking to primarily play it in portable mode, I'd opt for the Switch Lite. Both have their pros and cons. 

Original Switch for sure. A lot of the games are meant to be viewed in docked mode on a nice HDMI screen and you lose a lot of visual detail when playing in handheld mode. And having the ability to use it both as a handheld console and as a home console is its entire selling point. Removing that just leaves you with a great handheld console but that's about it.

Also "only supports handheld games" is kind of a weird thing to point out. ALL of the Switch games are capable of being played in handheld mode so technically aren't all of them handheld games? The only thing that makes them different on the original switch is the higher resolution when played in docked mode. I certainly have never encountered any games that would refuse to be played unless you had the console docked. And if they are, the number is too small to even matter.

Edited by Alyxx