Register Now
skyfire

Nintendo Streaming Restriction

I recently heard about nintendo not allowing the people to record their games to be streaming. I heard they require content creator program registration and also have some other restriction on that. I wonder if anyone has noticed and experienced this? 

Is this true that nintendo has streaming restrictions?

I think there are some sort of creator or streaming program and they only allow those restrictions for those who are not approved. So I think there are definitely things about nintendo that we know and don't know where and not to do while playing their games.

4 hours ago, skyfire said:

I think there are some sort of creator or streaming program and they only allow those restrictions for those who are not approved. So I think there are definitely things about nintendo that we know and don't know where and not to do while playing their games.

It was the Nintendo Creators Program, basically you could monetize Nintendo content on YouTube, Twitch and so on. The catch was you give up significantly more of the revenue to Nintendo and they could restrict your content so if you covered anything outside Ninteno's content or said anything negative they could block the video or even ban you.  It was a ludacrisily stupid policy thought up by Nintendo of Japan that even high ups representing Nintendon in other regions like America where constantly arguing against. Thankfully in November 2018 the program was scrapped.

Streaming does more good for a company than bad. It shows a lot of the technical prowess, and personal opinions of the game being streamed. But that game, while it may not be the streamers personal favorite, may become the biggest thing since SMB or Zelda. I only see positive things coming from streaming.