Register Now
DylanC

Anyone planning on picking up The Outer Worlds?

I was also reading a review on another site this morning, its basically the sequel of New Vegas we never had. There is one thing that other reviewers complained about, I'm not sure if you found this as well, that the world is actually small compared to other modern open world games.

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I was also reading a review on another site this morning, its basically the sequel of New Vegas we never had. There is one thing that other reviewers complained about, I'm not sure if you found this as well, that the world is actually small compared to other modern open world games.

It’s a slightly smaller scale overworld, but honestly, I didn’t notice it too much (it’s still pretty big, especially when you factor in the multiple planets). You can still get “lost” in the game. In some ways, the compact nature of the game means there’s less bloat, if that makes sense. Don’t let that put you off - it’s still a hefty experience!

38 minutes ago, DylanC said:

It’s a slightly smaller scale overworld, but honestly, I didn’t notice it too much (it’s still pretty big, especially when you factor in the multiple planets). You can still get “lost” in the game. In some ways, the compact nature of the game means there’s less bloat, if that makes sense. Don’t let that put you off - it’s still a hefty experience!

Yeah bloat as in filler space or empty landscape. Sounds pretty good.