Register Now
StaceyPowers

Crafting system overwhelm

Does anybody else have a difficult time getting into crafting systems in video games, even if you really want to?

Almost without exception, I seem to experience total overwhelm when first trying to make sense of a crafting system in a game.

I really appreciate elaborate systems that let me fine-tune crafting … but the more elaborate the system, the harder it is for me to know where to dive in.bI’ve never figured out a good approach to getting started or exploring a crafting system in a methodical way. The result is that it will often take me multiple play-throughs on a game to even try any sort of crafting.Like the first time I played Skyrim, I 100% ignored any sort of crafting—and that system isn’t even that complicated. The second time through, I ended up levelling smithing to 100.

Right now I’m playing DA: Inquisition, and the crafting system has me completely frozen/ignoring it, even though I want to use it.

Does anyone have the same problem I do? And does anyone have any tips for overcoming crafting system overwhelm and methodically learning the ropes for a complicated system?

I hate crafting, I try to avoid it as much as possible, its boring. In Skyrim crafting armor or potions its quite easy, but I hate the fact that crafting makes my character to level up, since technically I can get all the way to level hundred just by crafting, that's a lame journey for the dragon born. In the Witcher 3 I also avoided to craft anything aside from oils which are actually pretty useful and you cannot buy them anywhere. In Horizon Zero dawn I only crafted ammo, but only during combat if ran out of arrows, its pretty easy to get ammo outside combat. For Fallout New vegas its was the most confusing crafting system I have ever seen, till this day I dont get it.