Register Now
kingpotato

Outriders for PS5 and XBOX X series

New game coming for PS5 and XBOX X Series  called Outriders from Square Enix, this is just a trailer but it looks like a current generation game and as far as I'm concerned trailers should look better than the actual gameplay. I think this is going to be the problem for me with the next generation, there is not really an upgrade when it comes to graphics.
https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/square-enix-premieres-video-for-ps5-and-series-x-shooter-outriders/

Reminds me of destiny with the setting and those elemental powers, but from what it's not a "looter shooter" and more of a Gears of War with Co-op campaign.  It's definitely got potential.

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

New game coming for PS5 and XBOX X Series  called Outriders from Square Enix, this is just a trailer but it looks like a current generation game and as far as I'm concerned trailers should look better than the actual gameplay. I think this is going to be the problem for me with the next generation, there is not really an upgrade when it comes to graphics.

l don't get it, what exactly are people expecting here?  Graphics are already beginning to plateau this generation so it's obvious it's not going as significant a leap as it was visually.  The improvements I want and expect are beyond skin deep. Better AI, physics, framerates, faster loading and so on. I'm not saying graphics don't matter at all and that there shouldn't be any improvement, they do and there should be, but it should clearly not be the focus at this stage.  Graphics are not going to get much better so let’s focus on other aspects.