Register Now
StaceyPowers

How often do you change your armor/outfits, and why?

When you are playing games where you are allowed to choose what you wear, how often do you change your outfits or armor, and do you do so for functional or aesthetic reasons, or both?

Sometimes in Skyrim I play around with random outfits for aesthetic reasons at home, but when I head out in that or any other game, I almost always wear the same armor. Usually I choose armor in any game which is lightweight, reasonably high in stats, and aesthetically tolerable, and once I find one I like, I keep it forever, and only replace it if something superior comes along in terms of both function and appearance. I also tend to favour faction-specific armor in some cases—like in Skyrim, I always wear the armor you get from the Forsworn quest, because I like the Forsworn.

If I'm at a point where armor makes no required difference anymore, I'll change it just to look at something different. In Goblin Sword I have almost every suit of armor. While they don't add much of anything to your defense, they do give your character a different appearance. In Zelda OoT, I change Links tunic just to change up the color once in a while. Mainly it's boredom that leads me to change armors.

I do tend to change armors for every quest line in Skyrim, regardless of the stats I try to use the armor that fits more with the story line of the quest. During the College of Winterhold I tried to go full mage but all my stats where close combat related and 0 magic, it was awfull xD Not even playing as a paladin helped. Had to go full tank in order to finish the quest line.