Register Now
Pvillerob

Gaming Headphones

So, I've got my Xbox One S, and the Logitech G920 wheel and peddle set, Dell 4k 32" monitor, and Logitech G432 headphone with mic. The headset has a 3.5mm plug that plugs into a USB adapter. However, it doesn't work. I have to plug the 3.5mm jack into the Xbox controller?? That doesn't seem right.  

I'm still trying to resolve a Double NAT issue, so gaming online is still out. But if I  can resolve it, how is plugging a stereo jack into the Xbox controller going to allow me to use the headset mic? 

Also, the headset volume is way low. And I've maxed out all volume controls. Am I going to have to get a headphone amp?

Is there a way to keep the controller from shutting off in the middle of play when I'm only using it for sound?  It's annoying in the middle of driving to have the sound go out and having to turn on the stupid controller again. 

And another thing....why is it that I have to restart the Xbox, usually more than once, to get BOTH the wheel and peddles AND the hand controller to work at the same time? The wheel has a power button and the controller has a power button. But most of the time hitting one or the other turns the system on, but leaves the wheel and peddles out of it and I have to reboot the console in Hope's that both will be operational. What's the trick?

I have a headphone and mic that are technically Nintendo as they're Zelda edition, but I've found that they work on any system. They're tricky to get to work through a USB adapter, but they do the trick for me when I need them. I typically use them to record things for one of my YouTube channels.

I currently have a Kotion Each G2600 gaming headset. The design is cool, it comes with a microphone and it has a light-up option. The sound quality is also good for the price. All in all, it's a really good headset for a reasonable price.

Edited by ARx182