Register Now
Shagger

Forum Mod to Combat Spam.

5 hours ago, AndreiMirfi said:

I applied through e-mail to @DC for mod but I just joined so I don't know he'll accept me right now.

As discussed I appreciate your interest but there are individuals who have been here 9+ months and have hundreds (if not thousands of forum posts). They will naturally be prioritized over any newcomer. I'll continue to monitor your engagement and activity in the community. We will need more moderators as the forum grows. I simply can't make you a moderator as you have been here for just a few days and only have 8 posts. Stay active, get to know the other community members, and you'll absolutely be up for moderation consideration 🙂

@DC You know I love you dude, and respect you even more, but this problem has been resurfacing in a major way the last week or so. I understand if you don't want to give someone the aforementioned mod rights, I really do, but you said yourself it makes sense to do. So, with all due respect, I'm going to have to push you man. Either make this choice or just tell us you don't want to go through with this. All we want is to do is help.

Thanks for following-up. I am going to continue controlling it myself for now. I check the forums multiple times per day and delete spam very quickly. I also review reported posts. I'll still consider bringing in a moderator or two as the forum continues to grow.

1 hour ago, DC said:

Thanks for following-up. I am going to continue controlling it myself for now. I check the forums multiple times per day and delete spam very quickly. I also review reported posts. I'll still consider bringing in a moderator or two as the forum continues to grow.

With all due respect, this has not been handled as fast as you think. I have seen posts needing deleted or locked for hours before you get to them. That's not a mark against you, It's just a simple fact that you can't be around 24/7 to deal with this quickly. That's not your fault, it's the curse of needing to eat, sleep, live life and shit. AKA, being alive. Being a human being. Nobody is suggesting your ability to handle running this site is in any way compromised, just that it has it limitations due to the fact we're human beings with limitations. You are handling this well, as well as anyone could, all I'm suggesting is that with some help, it could be even better. Please, think about it.

I have to agree. The rate of increase in spam posts is staggering. We all know you bust your ass to take care of this forum, and we do appreciate it. It may seem thankless or go unmentioned at times, but we all do. But like @Shagger said, you’re just one man. I would honestly recommend picking two that you feel you could trust not to abuse the authority and give it a trial run for a week or two at least. Then go from there. With 3 staff the amount of spam could be handled quicker and it would take some of the load off your shoulders.