Register Now
Kane99

Layers of Fear

Has anyone here played the Layers of Fear game that came out years ago? I remember playing it when it came out on early access. That was my first mistake, because I encountered a game breaking glitch twice. Each time it was a room that wouldn't load, so you'd walk in and it would drop you off. I reported it to the devs and they said that I would have to restart the game. The glitch is a result of reading all of the notes you can pick up. That's what the devs told me. No joke. Anyway, re-played the game a second time and it happened again. And bear in mind, this was mostly through the full game. The third time around, the scares weren't as fun. 

I enjoyed the atmosphere, but the game was far too easy. The story was decent, but wasn't the best. Does anyone remember this game? How did you feel about it? 

Here's a trailer for it. I can't believe it's been 4 years. I thought it was older.  

I got it around the time it was on early access on the Xbone. It wasn't 100% complete, so I'm probably partly to blame for trying to run through a game that's not all finished. But, my 3rd play-through it worked fine. I was able to finish it and everything. 

I heard the Switch got a version, that's awesome. I imagine by now they sorted the mistakes the original game had. 

Yeah I recently downloaded the game from playstation store and it had a bug in it... hahaha

Naw, it really did though. A scene when the room goes all black I couldn't find my way out and I walked around forever and ever in pitch black. I looked it up and it was a bug. There was supposed to be a way out, but not for me. Luckily it was at the end of a chapter. Just had to log off and back on and it started me at the beginning of the next ch. where I needed to be. 

Are bugs common in downloaded games?