Register Now
Kane99

Now GameStop.IE is telling some PS5 pre-order customers they’ll have to wait until 2021

It sounds like some people who had a successful pre-order for the PS5 at Gamestop, are going to have to wait until 2021 due to issues not in their control. According to Video Games Chronicle, some customers were told that their pre-orders would be pushed back to 2021. 

It's not just GameStop though. According to the article, Amazon and other retailers are reporting problems with pre-orders, and some consoles might not be delivered on release. Sony is trying to release more consoles to retailers. 

What do you guys think about this? Are you worried your pre-order won't come in on time or pushed back?

Sadly, I expected this. This is just what was always likely with the release of a new console generation, especially this year. I'm actually willing to offer these retailers a litte credit, at least they're being honest about these difficulties rather than leaving their customers either in limbo or with false hope.

To be honest this is not just gamestop issue. But many brands around the world are suffering due to corona and even getting the food supplies to one state to another is harder. I don't think this is game industry specific issue. People also need to wait with their wallet and avoid spending on something that would take like 6 months for things to arrive in their delivery. 

19 hours ago, skyfire said:

To be honest this is not just gamestop issue. But many brands around the world are suffering due to corona and even getting the food supplies to one state to another is harder. I don't think this is game industry specific issue. People also need to wait with their wallet and avoid spending on something that would take like 6 months for things to arrive in their delivery. 

Oh for sure, Amazon and other retailers are reporting similar issues. It's happening for pretty much all retailers from what I can see. Yeah, I didn't consider the pandemic into the equation. But it's certainly not helping things, that's for sure.