Register Now
Kane99

NES game with online play?

This is really cool news. There is a new NES game in the works called Super Tilt Bro, and it has online capabilities. But how? Well, they built a wifi chip inside of the game cart so that people who have the game, can actually play against each other, over the web. This could potentially open up new possibilities for old and new NES games. Maybe we'll be able to play popular games like TMNT 2 the arcade game, or Smash TV. Or any NES game for that matter. If someone can mod an old game to include online somehow, this could breath new life into retro consoles. 

Read more about this story here: Nintendo Life

If you get Nintendo Online, you can play a lot of NES and SNES games on Switch already. And if you go month to month payment, it's only $4. The nostalgia isn't there, but if you suddenly need to play TMNT 2 while you're out somewhere, then you can until you get home and play the real thing.

1 hour ago, The Blackangel said:

If you get Nintendo Online, you can play a lot of NES and SNES games on Switch already. And if you go month to month payment, it's only $4. The nostalgia isn't there, but if you suddenly need to play TMNT 2 while you're out somewhere, then you can until you get home and play the real thing.

True, but I think it's so much cooler to be able to play original hardware online somehow. Just imagine if there was a connector you could buy with Wifi and an online system, where you'd just need to connect it to your NES to get full online capabilities. That would be so cool! If they can make a cart with wifi, imagine if they just made a wifi connector to get more games online somehow. 

It would be interesting to hook my NES up to wifi and play some games with someone on another continent. I'd still be playing the game and keeping the nostalgia, but also doing it online. It's an intriguing concept. But being that I hate online gaming, it would most likely never happen for me.