Register Now
Kane99

How fast you think storage will be eaten up by new gen consoles?

On 10/21/2020 at 3:11 AM, Kane99 said:

Oh for sure, games like Assassin's creed are going to hog those drives. Just the next COD alone is going to eat into nearly half of the storage of the new gen consoles. Or so I imagine at the rate they're going. 2TB isn't going to be enough for most hardcore gamers out there. 

Yeah AC and few other games can take up a lot of time and money too. New games are not optimizing for disk space anymore. 

On 10/11/2020 at 10:19 AM, skyfire said:

I think soon you may find the SSD that surpass 2TB for PC storage. So I think we just have to wait for that support considering new games are incremental with the DLC size and some are increasing like 40 GB or so after install. I think new PC too would need higher capacity. 

Exactly, it's actually what I see coming up sooner rather than later because they are well aware about the sizes increase in games, so they are most likely planning towards it. 

5 minutes ago, Shole said:

Soon we will find ourselves in the days of 1TB games and it will be a laughing matter since I remember games that you could store on a floppy disk XD

Haha, how technology have come so far is really mind blowing. We are even yet to see the end of it.