Register Now
Kane99

Genshin Impact

If you're a fan of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, then you're probably going to like the game Genshin Impact. It's essentially a copy of Breath of the Wild, as it has similar climbing mechanics, gliding, fighting and so much more. The only difference is that it has some multiplayer options and you can supposedly do co-op. Has anyone here played it yet? I played it for a few hours with some friends, and I must admit, it was a lot of fun. I'm looking forward to playing it some more. 

Oh, and if you want to play online right away, you can't. You have to play the adventure mode first to get to level 16, then you can play multiplayer with friends. 

I'm thinking about giving it a go, the only thing that is worrying me is the grind.  I know it's free to play but there doesn't seem to be a way to grind for the characters and items you want specifically.  You grind or buy the primo-gems (the premium currency) and have to rely on the "wishes" which are effectively the game's loot boxes.  How are you finding the grind?

18 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

I'm thinking about giving it a go, the only thing that is worrying me is the grind.  I know it's free to play but there doesn't seem to be a way to grind for the characters and items you want specifically.  You grind or buy the primo-gems (the premium currency) and have to rely on the "wishes" which are effectively the game's loot boxes.  How are you finding the grind?

I say give it a go. Can't hurt to try it out and see how it feels on you. As for grinding for stuff, I'm not trying to care much for all that. I'm just going to collect stuff, build my characters as best I can, and see how it goes. I just wish traversing was a bit faster, but I suppose they may add options for driving and longer stamina meters. 

I think you gain wishes by playing in the world. I noticed I got a few of them and was able to open some loot box thing. 

I've only played around 2 hours or so by now, but it's quite fun. I imagine it will get very grindy as you continue to play though, so I'll try to update you if it starts to become that. 

I tried it and the grind doesn't seem too bad, you level up pretty quickly, although item level could become an issue. The lootboxs are iffy because they do contain gameplay altering items, and that's irritating, but the gameplay is sold, the games good and runs very well.

10 hours ago, Shagger said:

I tried it and the grind doesn't seem too bad, you level up pretty quickly, although item level could become an issue. The lootboxs are iffy because they do contain gameplay altering items, and that's irritating, but the gameplay is sold, the games good and runs very well.

Yeah, I felt the same way. I was finding items pretty fast, and the combat seems fun. If I start to get stuck anywhere, I'll for sure update my thoughts, as I am hearing from others that they're getting annoyed with it. So I hope I'm not making any mistakes when it comes to what I find in the world, or how I play. Because I haven't been paying any attention to the story so far. I just want to get to fighting enemies lol.