Register Now
StaceyPowers

How could characters be less “wooden” in Elder Scrolls VI?

One of the biggest weaknesses of Elder Scrolls games in my opinion is that the characters seem really stiff and wooden. What do you think could be done to improve this in ES VI? I think fewer companions with more lines and backstory would help (more like Fallout NV), and so would letting them roam around and do random stuff (like Serana in Skyrim—but taking it further) rather than just standing there stiffly waiting for you all the time.

I think that's because of the limitations in Skyrim, because it was a big game. You have to cut corners somehow, and character animations probably are the less important thing to worry about. Especially, considering how big the game is. It is relatively small compared to the bigger picture. 

But, I would welcome better animations for future games for sure. 

Well, with mods you can easily bypass this limitation on Skyrim but my suggestion would be for Bethesda to use real motion technology as EA uses to record the movements of real-life humans in their sports titles. This can make the movement of the player and npcs more fluid.