Register Now
Kane99

Xbox Series X Customer Accidentally Sent An Xbox One X Instead

And the confusion continues. An Australian woman who ordered an Xbox Series X, received an Xbox One X by mistake. It was down to a retailer in Australia known as Telstra. And I guess others have been having similar issues. But, it may be in combination with poor customer support. Telstra told the customer to put in for the return process and re-order the console. Which means she has to wait yet again. I sure hope that company offers upgraded shipping for the mistake. I think that'd be fair. 

Read this story here - Gaming Bible

It just makes me wonder, how many Xbox Series X and S purchasers will end up getting an Xbox One X instead? I bet ya it's going to be a worldwide issue. The console is out today as well, so people are getting them today and throughout the week and coming months. 

5 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

The fault is entirely on the shoulders of the idiots at Microsoft that picked the name. Imagine the shit storm if Nintendo had called the SNES "Another Nintendo". Nintendo would be bankrupt most likely, and several of their systems wouldn't exist.

Microsoft does deserve a large part of the blame here for the confusing naming scheme but the customer also needs to do their research before buying anything(at least, that's how I approach things). This ensures they're getting the correct item/product.

Unless I missed something in the article, she knew exactly what she ordered. She ordered the Series X, not an Xbox One X. My point is that it's the fault of Microsoft for naming 2 consecutive systems almost identically. Doing shit like this makes me hate Xbox even more. PlayStation was smart enough to keep it simple. Nintendo got a bit creative with the names of their systems, but they were smart enough to name them differently enough that they can't be confused with one another.

Either way, Microsoft fucked up.