Register Now
killamch89

Corsair A500 Air Cooler review

I stick to my AIO as the Fans and heatsink is way too big and oversized LOL At least AIO you can put it on the front of the case or tope and it's out of the way. But that cooler is damn impressive though and the results are good. 

8 hours ago, Empire said:

I stick to my AIO as the Fans and heatsink is way too big and oversized LOL At least AIO you can put it on the front of the case or tope and it's out of the way. But that cooler is damn impressive though and the results are good. 

Yeah, I've learned my lesson and bought an Noctua NH-D15 over the weekend. I can't wait to pair it with a Ryzen 5000 series CPU but I'm not going to overclock anything this time around.

1 hour ago, killamch89 said:

Yeah, I've learned my lesson and bought an Noctua NH-D15 over the weekend. I can't wait to pair it with a Ryzen 5000 series CPU but I'm not going to overclock anything this time around.

Nothing wrong in overclocking as long as it's getting cooled down good enough with airflow. There is the right way and then the bad way. I don't think that amd does OC that well like how Intel are and intels have far more room to move then AMD since AMD CPUs are running far hotter

On 12/1/2020 at 5:52 PM, Empire said:

Nothing wrong in overclocking as long as it's getting cooled down good enough with airflow. There is the right way and then the bad way. I don't think that amd does OC that well like how Intel are and intels have far more room to move then AMD since AMD CPUs are running far hotter

As I covered in a previous thread, that is a lie. The actual reviews have proven otherwise and my previous PC was an Intel based one. I just don't need to overclock anything since I'm going to get the 5950X which is ridiculously powerful already and I want it to last way longer.

7 hours ago, killamch89 said:

As I covered in a previous thread, that is a lie. The actual reviews have proven otherwise and my previous PC was an Intel based one. I just don't need to overclock anything since I'm going to get the 5950X which is ridiculously powerful already and I want it to last way longer.

What is your CPU now and how far you can OC too then? be interesting before you get the new CPU soo.  

14 hours ago, Empire said:

What is your CPU now and how far you can OC too then? be interesting before you get the new CPU soo.  

Well my current CPU is an I7 on a gaming laptop and there are ways to overclock it but I do need my laptop so I'm not going to risk it with this.

On 12/6/2020 at 2:03 AM, killamch89 said:

Well my current CPU is an I7 on a gaming laptop and there are ways to overclock it but I do need my laptop so I'm not going to risk it with this.

Yeah, well regards to Laptops it's a good idea to not even think about OC 🙂  I thought we are talking about desktop here LOL

I can able to OC my CPU to 5.4mhz with good cooling, but since I want my gear to last longer it's stable at 5.1mhz and happy at it. I never did OC any of the laptops that I own. just think that the cooling wasn't that good. 

On 12/8/2020 at 7:53 AM, Empire said:

Yeah, well regards to Laptops it's a good idea to not even think about OC 🙂  I thought we are talking about desktop here LOL

I can able to OC my CPU to 5.4mhz with good cooling, but since I want my gear to last longer it's stable at 5.1mhz and happy at it. I never did OC any of the laptops that I own. just think that the cooling wasn't that good. 

Well nothing beats a gaming desktop and that's what I want to build so badly so that I can play almost every game at 4k - except Cyberpunk 2077. Seriously, I've already mentioned that CD Project Red's games are demanding especially for PC. The 2077 benchmarks for the new generation of GPUs is horrendous!

^^^

Well, need a good system to do 4K then. Most gaming system, meaning a very good gaming rig that does high settings at 4k you are looking at $3000 plus. But 4k gaming is not really worth it. I mean I have a 2k at 165hz with all gaming tech that it has and still do great gaming on high