Register Now
killamch89

Bioware Boss & Dragon Age 4 Executive Producer Quit!

You heard right folks - Both have quit in the last few days. As I was telling @StaceyPowers in a couple of other threads a while back, holding out any hope for Dragon Age 4 to actually be a good game is a dream at best. Most of the staff that worked on Dragon Age over the last decade aren't there anymore and all EA/Bioware care about is profit nowadays. My prediction is that even if the game is released, it's going to do pretty terribly. What are your thoughts on this news?

6 hours ago, StaceyPowers said:

Not awesome 😞  You'd given me good reasons already to curb my optimism, and this adds to them.

I've been telling you over the past two years that Bioware isn't the Bioware that we knew from back in the days and with EA's constant presence, it's only going to get worse.

4 hours ago, Empire said:

Hear both that are leaving is worse then just one. I don't follow much but why are they leaving. Not cool 😞 Going to put bang bang down the drain then, and who will be stepping up?

Probably some other guy from another division or studio of EA but who knows? All I know is that they won't find any suitable replacement for these people.

They probably have already got replacements or they are considering. Just hope they have the right people and they know what they are doing and making the right choices and not crap options. 

Will hear more down the road anyway. Well, that's if they damn share. 

13 hours ago, Empire said:

They probably have already got replacements or they are considering. Just hope they have the right people and they know what they are doing and making the right choices and not crap options. 

Will hear more down the road anyway. Well, that's if they damn share. 

But EA/Bioware has never managed to properly replace the original Dragon Age team or the Mass Effect one. It's one thing to get a replacement but to get a replacement that understands the original vision is very rare.

On 12/6/2020 at 1:17 AM, killamch89 said:

But EA/Bioware has never managed to properly replace the original Dragon Age team or the Mass Effect one. It's one thing to get a replacement but to get a replacement that understands the original vision is very rare.

What can we all do, nothing. Just maybe or hopefully that this team or replacement is knowledge and good. then again worse. No one knows the outcome here anyway and so we all have to wait and see what and who they pick to take the desk hype.