Register Now
Kane99

Do you think EA needs to fix Madden before their future releases?

The new Madden NFL 21 is not what fans were hoping, especially the new gen version, which promised to bring some new additions, but, after watching some videos online, I feel that it's just the same exact game, with changes here and there. Is it time for EA to give up the license to the NFL and let someone competent take it on? I mean, the last time Madden was different, feels like back in 2010 or something. With each new game, I see the same animations. Sometimes they even take out stuff from previous games. 

I don't think EA will change anything, because they always have to have the yearly releases. But if they skipped a year or two, I don't think people would take too much notice to it. As well, wouldn't it be cool to get a whole new updated football game? It's time EA, we're in the new gen, and it's time to adapt and change Madden for the better. 

Or, EA could allow some other studios to try their hand, but I'm dreamin! 

This goes for all of EA's yearly releases and especially FIfa - as I was saying in another thread, they add a few graphical tweaks, re-add gameplay elements from way older games and call it "innovative" and "fresh" and put a $60 price tag on it. Honestly, I've given up hope for almost anything EA release nowadays.

13 hours ago, killamch89 said:

This goes for all of EA's yearly releases and especially FIfa - as I was saying in another thread, they add a few graphical tweaks, re-add gameplay elements from way older games and call it "innovative" and "fresh" and put a $60 price tag on it. Honestly, I've given up hope for almost anything EA release nowadays.

Oh yeah that's a given. EA needs to let these studios work on something completely new and fresh. I don't know how many times I've witnessed the same types of animations over the years when it comes to Madden. I just want to see them try to make something fresh, from scratch, on new engines, with updated control schemes and more. 

11 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

They at least need to do something about the Madden curse. Which would mean STOP PUTTING ATHLETES ON THE FUCKING COVER.

Not really what we're talking about lol. The Madden curse hasn't been a thing for quite a while now. 😄 

3 hours ago, Kane99 said:

Oh yeah that's a given. EA needs to let these studios work on something completely new and fresh. I don't know how many times I've witnessed the same types of animations over the years when it comes to Madden. I just want to see them try to make something fresh, from scratch, on new engines, with updated control schemes and more. 

I totally agree with you and it's the same issue with Fifa. Most of the animations are re-used from 2013 (that's right), they hardly add anything to Career Mode or Pro Clubs every year. I wish EA would really try something new as well.