Register Now
killamch89

Nvidia's Shameful Tactics

On 12/15/2020 at 4:28 AM, skyfire said:

So Nvidia is acting like Nintendo? I can guess why walled garden companies are acting like this. I now understand why people hate apple and nintendo. 

Intel has also tried this several times but the backlash saw them quick reverse those decision so I'd save a good amount of reputable companies in the computer and gaming industry use these sort of tactics. It sickens me to say the least...

Companies on top of their competitors will always try to be the big bully, but I'm glad that they told there viewers and keep on track, then again was it a good thing. The fact this is a line level employee going semi rouge and getting his busy boss to sign off on that email makes things both better and worse in respective ways.

20 hours ago, skyfire said:

Intel has learned the lesson and they are pretty conservative about things now. And they are changed a lot too over a period of time. I was surprised with the Nvidia on that part. 

Nvidia has been trying stunts like these for years and Intel has been forced to change its ways because of AMD and Ryzen.

15 hours ago, Empire said:

Companies on top of their competitors will always try to be the big bully, but I'm glad that they told there viewers and keep on track, then again was it a good thing. The fact this is a line level employee going semi rouge and getting his busy boss to sign off on that email makes things both better and worse in respective ways.

It was a massive blunder on Nvidia's part and the outrage on their forums were quite interesting to say the least...

6 hours ago, killamch89 said:

Nvidia has been trying stunts like these for years and Intel has been forced to change its ways because of AMD and Ryzen.

Indeed and the thing is that having competition in such space is how it helps. I mean without AMD, they would act all chinese dictator like to us. 

On 12/18/2020 at 7:36 AM, Empire said:

Give it time and nvidia will approve them again, I mean they just want the hype. I thought they aren't even doing founders edition anymore? That's what I thought I heard some time ago. Might be wrong though. 

Nvidia only backpedalled when their own community started going against them. No, Nivida will do Founders edition cards but they won't sell them on their site.

On 12/19/2020 at 6:32 AM, skyfire said:

I didn't heard of founders edition. how was that worked out for them?

I'm not sure what you mean. Founders Edition cards are the ones created directly by Nvidia and are normally sent to reviewers first and then they sell a limited number of them. At some point, they'll stop selling them and you'll have to buy the board partners versions of the said graphics card (MSI, EVGA, Asus etc.)