Register Now
Kane99

Epic Games to make an Among Us style game through Fortnite?

Here's some interesting news. Epic Games is releasing a new game called Fortnite’s Spy Within, and it will be a murder mystery style game similar to Among Us. You will play as a fortnite character 

You can read more at this article here - Vulture Beat

Is this a game you'd take some interest in? I'm interested, but it does feel like an exact copy of Among Us. Read what they wrote here: 

Spy Within has two players, known as the spies, try to eliminate other players in the space station without revealing their identities as spies. They must do this before the rest of the crew (eight other players) completes their tasks or votes the spies out.

There is also a webcam function that you can utilize, called Fortnite video chat. It's from the Houseparty webcam app, that I think was purchased by Epic Games. 

3 hours ago, killamch89 said:

To be honest, couldn't they just come up with their own unique concept like Fortnite was. Just following the style of another game and adding a webcam function is the equivalent of gamers streaming and using their webcam anyways, it's not very innovative.

Well, lets not forget that Fortnite came after a game known as PubG, which kind of started the whole battle royale style games, or perfected it at first. It's just Epic Games finding a niche they can possibly take over somehow. Just wait, if this becomes a popular game like fortnite, it will likely take over where Among Us left off. 

58 minutes ago, Kane99 said:

Well, lets not forget that Fortnite came after a game known as PubG, which kind of started the whole battle royale style games, or perfected it at first. It's just Epic Games finding a niche they can possibly take over somehow. Just wait, if this becomes a popular game like fortnite, it will likely take over where Among Us left off. 

The problem here is you can only do so much with Murder style games and based onthe features they listed, it's already out there so they'll really need something else to win me over. To be honest, Among Us has grown pretty repetitive so I doubt this genre will take off.