Register Now
Kane99

Games like Cyberpunk 2077

With Cyberpunk 2077 out, it got me thinking, what are some other games out there similar to it? I know there was a blade runner game back in the 90s I think, but it was a side scrolling point and click game if I remember correctly. I know of the Deus Ex series as well. But what are some other games with similar premise, story, and gameplay? 

I'm just curious to see what other futuristic style games like it exist out there. I'm open to suggestions too. 🙂 

Deus Ex is currently the only one I can really think of that's pretty similar. Dying Light also shares some similarities minus the futuristic stuff as well. There was this game from EA(if I'm not mistaken) that came out in 2016/2017 that was a first person gameplay where you could explore the city and scale buildings and run off walls - I just can't remember the name...

The closest match to it is probably DeusEx Invisible War. and DeusEx Mankind Divided.

System Shock II is also a First person cyberpunk in genre, but the story is completely different.

Alien Isolation is also a bit similar in gameplay, but the story is even more different.

Alpha Protocol is close in gameplay too, but the furthest from it in story as it is contemporary, not cyberpunk.

Outer Worlds a definite maybe.

Edited by m76

2 hours ago, m76 said:

The closest match to it is probably DeusEx Invisible War. and DeusEx Mankind Divided.

System Shock II is also a First person cyberpunk in genre, but the story is completely different.

Alien Isolation is also a bit similar in gameplay, but the story is even more different.

Alpha Protocol is close in gameplay too, but the furthest from it in story as it is contemporary, not cyberpunk.

I forgot about System Shock, but yeah, I'd include that in there too. Alien Isolation, I'm not so sure about. I feel like that game is more of a horror, hide and seek game. But I could be wrong, never fully played it. I've heard of Alpha Protocol, will have to check it out. 

Outer Worlds yeah, I played that recently and it feels very similar. Only difference is I don't think you can ride vehicles. At least I don't remember you being able to. 

2 hours ago, m76 said:

Outer Worlds could be somewhat of a direct comparison. Dying Light is a bit more similar to 2077 barring the futuristic settings and zombies being the majority of your opponents. I don't remember much about System Shock and Alpha protocols so I'm not sure about those 2. I never really thought about Alien Isolation seeing as they're two different genres but I can see where you're coming from in terms of the futuristic setting.