Register Now
killamch89

Cooking During Quarantine

Has anyone been trying some outrageous recipes since quarantine or trying to increase their cooking skills? If so, what did you make or attempt to make? How did it turn out? As for me, I've been making a bunch of stuff such as coffee candy but mine are slightly "fresh" due to the fact that I didn't add enough sugar (I  try my best to cut back on sugar because we already know the repercussions it can have on the body).

I really love to cook, times at school and collage and making myself to cook is what I always love doing. But years and years gone by and I just lost it now. Partly since the way I live in my home and what is allow or not in my home that's ruled by other family members. But in the year of quarantine is still the same and have not or done any.Yes be fore the lockdown we go to a nice country pub for a sunday roast but last 6 months we stopped. 

10 hours ago, Empire said:

I really love to cook, times at school and collage and making myself to cook is what I always love doing. But years and years gone by and I just lost it now. Partly since the way I live in my home and what is allow or not in my home that's ruled by other family members. But in the year of quarantine is still the same and have not or done any.Yes be fore the lockdown we go to a nice country pub for a sunday roast but last 6 months we stopped. 

My parents weren't living with me in the last 2 years of my high school like because my mom was in University at the time and my dad was with Royal Caribbean so I had to learn how to cook and take care of myself. They used to just send me money every month to make sure I was okay. My mom had taught me the basics like how to cook rice and fry chicken but I taught myself some more advanced recipes and that's where my love for cooking came from.

On 12/19/2020 at 2:56 AM, killamch89 said:

My parents weren't living with me in the last 2 years of my high school like because my mom was in University at the time and my dad was with Royal Caribbean so I had to learn how to cook and take care of myself. They used to just send me money every month to make sure I was okay. My mom had taught me the basics like how to cook rice and fry chicken but I taught myself some more advanced recipes and that's where my love for cooking came from.

That's a good thing too 🙂 able to learn at a young age and it helps in the long run. My brother was like that, his mother was lazy and didn't get out of bed and so he had to learn to go out to school and do everything himself. Helps him to able to help with his kids now, he gets up early gets the kids to school then goes to work. Turns out his wife is lazy ass also and he left her.

On 12/20/2020 at 7:15 AM, Empire said:

That's a good thing too 🙂 able to learn at a young age and it helps in the long run. My brother was like that, his mother was lazy and didn't get out of bed and so he had to learn to go out to school and do everything himself. Helps him to able to help with his kids now, he gets up early gets the kids to school then goes to work. Turns out his wife is lazy ass also and he left her.

Yeah, I'm a pretty gluttonous guy so of course I have to know how to cook. Most modern women I know can't even boil water and they're pretty proud of it too. All they want is fast food or ready-made food from the grocery store. They treat cooking like it's taboo when it's such a beautiful art. There's nothing like preparing a meal from scratch and it comes out just perfect!

On 1/1/2021 at 7:59 PM, Alexander. said:

I don't cook. I just eat takeaways all the time and my belly is expanding as I type. I don't like the washing up that comes after the nice part. 

I guarantee you that if you learn to cook, you'll become addicted to it because you can prepare a meal on demand at any time of your choosing and it won't really cost you either.