Register Now
StaceyPowers

Games that take place in or express a protagonist’s mental state or inner demons

On 8/23/2021 at 2:46 AM, Heatman said:

Actually, it's how I personally play horror games and watch horror movies. I tune it up with dark settings to help intensify the horror levels. 

That's how you can enjoy the game. What's the point if you cannot even feel the scariness of the game. You need to create a proper environment for your game. 

On 8/22/2021 at 10:56 AM, Razor1911 said:

Outlast 2 will be the most scariest game I have played. Those, who think it's not scary, just play it while lights switched off and high volume. Those screams and SFX will freak out literally everyone. 

The visuals are what  make it ridiculously scary like you're on some kind of drugs and have a crazy nightmare but you just can't wake up.

18 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

That's how you can enjoy the game. What's the point if you cannot even feel the scariness of the game. You need to create a proper environment for your game. 

Exactly, without the linking up of my physical environment with that of the horror video games or horror movies, I don't get to feel the effects used in either of them. 

8 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The visuals are what  make it ridiculously scary like you're on some kind of drugs and have a crazy nightmare but you just can't wake up.

Exactly, with such visuals and an scary upgrade in its graphics, there's no way it wouldn't freak you out whenever you get into playing. 

8 hours ago, Heatman said:

Exactly, with such visuals and an scary upgrade in its graphics, there's no way it wouldn't freak you out whenever you get into playing. 

But I think for a horror genre, audio is also as important as the visuals. Correct use of sounds like screams, bass boosted noises etc. helps to create an environment which makes the gamers freak out while playing at high volumes. 😆

Edited by Razor1911

The way it goes from 0 - 1000 real quick and back to zero also plays a factor in why it's such a scary horror game.

31 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

But I think for a horror genre, audio is also as important as the visuals. Correct use of sounds like screams, bass boosted noises etc. helps to create an environment which makes the gamers freak out while playing at high volumes. 😆

Agreed - can you imagine seeing something scary and hear it sounding like Spongebob? We wouldn't be scared at all...

54 minutes ago, Razor1911 said:

For sure, you're correct with that assessment of how important the use of sounds to impact the intensity of the horror in the game. Sound and lightning is something that can't be eliminated from horror genre. 

24 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

The way it goes from 0 - 1000 real quick and back to zero also plays a factor in why it's such a scary horror game.

Seriously, that moment of unexpected spring out of action is a perfect way to freak out anyone who's not on grip for it. 

22 hours ago, Heatman said:

Seriously, that moment of unexpected spring out of action is a perfect way to freak out anyone who's not on grip for it. 

Yeah, I am a huge fan of horror movies, and that's how I developed interest to play horror games. Normally, I don't like horror games. But the only two games that I had played was good enough to recommend someone.

4 hours ago, Razor1911 said:

Yeah, I am a huge fan of horror movies, and that's how I developed interest to play horror games. Normally, I don't like horror games. But the only two games that I had played was good enough to recommend someone.

It's actually my favorite genre with movies. I can only do adventure genre as movies and that's it. When it comes to gaming, horror genre is among my top 3. 

On 8/26/2021 at 12:10 PM, Heatman said:

I honestly think the Outlast series was made by some kind of drug user - there's no way somebody just came up with this kind of stuff naturally. Either the creator took lots of LSD or is extremely twisted.

42 minutes ago, killamch89 said:

I honestly think the Outlast series was made by some kind of drug user - there's no way somebody just came up with this kind of stuff naturally. Either the creator took lots of LSD or is extremely twisted.

To be fair enough, I do agree on that because it's shocking how they naturally came up with something like that. It's not something normal that you get to see every day. 

It's actually my favorite genre with movies. I can only do adventure genre as movies and that's it. When it comes to gaming, horror genre is among my top 3. 

That's nice. I normally don't prefer horror games. Even though I loved outlast 2, but that's an exception. I normally, go for action and adventure RPGs. 😊

1 hour ago, Razor1911 said:

That's nice. I normally don't prefer horror games. Even though I loved outlast 2, but that's an exception. I normally, go for action and adventure RPGs. 😊

Yeah - Action movies as well as their video games counterparts are very good. It's something that hardly bores whoever gets into it. 

15 minutes ago, Heatman said:

Yeah - Action movies as well as their video games counterparts are very good. It's something that hardly bores whoever gets into it. 

I play only the games which I like. I had dropped many games in midway. I have seen people, who still finishes every game irrespective if they really enjoy playing that or not. I normally, play only the games I likes, not because such a crap I have purchased and I am obliged to finish that. 😆