Register Now
Kane99

Custom made handhelds via raspberry pi

Does anyone here know of a way to make a custom built handheld, but with a raspberry pi device? I would like to start the process of building one, but don't know where to begin. I saw some tutorials on YouTube and at some sites, but I want a step by step guide with all the tools in one place. I know I need to get a lot of stuff before I can make it happen, but I already have a raspberry pi I can use. Just need a guide and a list for the other parts I'd need. Any suggestions?

I am not sure if a raspberry would be any worth, I mean they are small and all of that but what about the cooling and the battery life?

If the borders were open I'd suggest you'd got to china and buy some things, but since they aren't you might get lucky ordering online :S

As for suggestions, look into the cooling system and battery possibilites first.

Don't try it unless you are doing it to play old Retro games, otherwise you'll regret the effort, time and money you spent on it since the hardware in it is so weak that it hardely gets Minecraft Java running at 30 fps

On 1/9/2021 at 8:34 PM, Kane99 said:

Does anyone here know of a way to make a custom built handheld, but with a raspberry pi device? I would like to start the process of building one, but don't know where to begin. I saw some tutorials on YouTube and at some sites, but I want a step by step guide with all the tools in one place. I know I need to get a lot of stuff before I can make it happen, but I already have a raspberry pi I can use. Just need a guide and a list for the other parts I'd need. Any suggestions?

I would still suggest that you head back to the YouTube tutorials and find more detailed video instructions on how to get it done. When you watch another person do it, it's going to be more educative.