Register Now
m76

Can't start a poll?

On 1/25/2021 at 1:24 PM, m76 said:

Why can't I start a poll? I spent the last half hour carefully writing out questions and answers for a poll only for the forum to throw an error and loose everything I typed.

When you click start new thread do you see a toggle option like that of the below?

image.png.299c322dfb07b3c88c114550de110cdb.png

21 hours ago, DC said:

What's the error message? Please type it out or provide a screenshot. @m76

So I figured it out. Despite wanting to create a poll you still need to fill in the topic title and text on the content tab otherwise it will throw an error.  I thought the two tabs were mutually exclusive. But instead there is a master - slave relationship. You can create topics without filling in the poll tab, but can't create polls without filling in the content tab.

39 minutes ago, m76 said:

So I figured it out. Despite wanting to create a poll you still need to fill in the topic title and text on the content tab otherwise it will throw an error.  I thought the two tabs were mutually exclusive. But instead there is a master - slave relationship. You can create topics without filling in the poll tab, but can't create polls without filling in the content tab.

I can see why that would get confusing. I remember do a poll on what I think was my Kindoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning review and getting thrown off by the same thing. Maybe there's a way to fix it so people can fill poll parameters without having to switch tabs?