Register Now
Kane99

Activision Has More Remasters in Store for 2021

This is a maybe. According to Twinfinite, during an conference call with investors, Activision announced they are working on some remasters. So far it's not know what games were discussed or if any where, but they've remastered a lot recently. What past Activision games do you want to see get remastered? It could very well be another COD to coincide with the newer COD coming, kind of what they did with some of the past COD games. 

I would like to see Black Ops 1 remastered, but I don't think that'll be happening anytime soon. I wouldn't mind Tony Hawk's Pro skater 3 & 4 remastered and maybe even the Underground games. That would be awesome! 

What are some that I'm sure I'm missing that you'd want remastered? I know Activision gets some hate, but they are doing good imo when it comes to their remasters and I hope they keep that trend up. 

38 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

If their library wasn't 99% war games I could pick one. Every fucking thing they make is CoD. They have an extremely minuscule amount of games that aren't CoD, most of which have been abandoned for a very long time.

An entire company focusing on ONE game?

Pathetic.

As much as Activision sucks, I have to disagree. They do have a heavy focus on COD, but they have a wide history with a fairly big back catalog to pick out of. It's just that these days, their focus is COD, but I feel as if they're starting to calm it down on that. They've had great success with their remasters, like THPS 1&2 remastered, which was light years ahead of their original remaster attempt. And then you got Crash Bandicoot and the Spyro remastered games. Which have been praised by fans and critics. 

They even published that Sekiro game from Fromsoftware. So to me, it feels as if they're focussing so much on COD. But then again, when they have 3 different studios working on a COD title each, it's easy to get those games out every year for them.

But, I wouldn't count them out, as they do still release other games, I just wish they would release more of their classic games, or make reboots or sequels to their past classics. Plus, they have a lot of dead properties that they could revive. I bet Pitfall could do with a new game. 😄 

4 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

I thought about Pitfall too. But there have been several different Pitfall games made over the years that could be in the running for that one.

True. They also did the prototype games, and I could see those getting a remastered package set down the road. Also, I know Gun was hugely popular back in the day. I think if they can dig into their back catalog and remaster/reboot some of the games in the PS2 era, they might have something. They could even try their hands at Guitar Hero again, but who knows how that will do after their recent attempt. 

God, I hope they don't try to bring back Guitar Hero. It's a love/hate relationship with that game. It was one of those games that was so stupid and horrible that it was good. Corny as hell. I'm chuckling right now as I'm writing this. I got sucked into it. I haven't played it in more than a decade, and honestly don't even know where it or either of my Wii's are. I made it to one part that I just couldn't beat. I think it was a character challenge against a character named Lex. I'm not sure, but I couldn't outplay him. This was on Guitar Hero 3, if I remember correctly.

42 minutes ago, The Blackangel said:

God, I hope they don't try to bring back Guitar Hero. It's a love/hate relationship with that game. It was one of those games that was so stupid and horrible that it was good. Corny as hell. I'm chuckling right now as I'm writing this. I got sucked into it. I haven't played it in more than a decade, and honestly don't even know where it or either of my Wii's are. I made it to one part that I just couldn't beat. I think it was a character challenge against a character named Lex. I'm not sure, but I couldn't outplay him. This was on Guitar Hero 3, if I remember correctly.

I kind of wish they do, but the idea of having to buy instruments again is not something I want to do lol. I just remember the first time I played GH with my sister and her boyfriend. We played the hell out of it. Sadly I could never grasp the higher difficulties. I always stuck on the second difficulty, and tried to move up, but my hands are too small for the guitar I think. 

I've always wanted to try rockband, but that's a different team. Oh, DJ Hero would be dope to bring back. I almost forgot about that. I still need to play through DJ Hero, but from what I played it was a lot of fun. And not as tough as guitar hero I think.