Register Now
Reality vs Adventure

Spiderman VS Batman

Which do you think holds up being the better games? I personally am more interested in the latest titles, but feel free to talk about any of them. I haven't played any at all except for the Batman Asylum using 3D glasses. I thought it was pretty good. I'm debating which to try first whether the new Spiderman or Arkham Knight. I really want a good cityscape to add to my scenery gaming collection. Do they have a good story? Scenery? Which has better mechanics for fighting and traveling building tops? Which has a greater variety of characters?  

This is still pretty hotly debated. The majority opinion around here seems to be that Spider-Man wins a fair amount. Personally I think people don't give Batman enough credit. If Spider-Man didn't have or didn't use his webshooters, he'd have a tough time putting Bats down without breaking character. Meanwhile, Batman is fast and well-equipped enough to do some actual damage to Spidey. Without webshooters, I'd say Spidey takes it 5-6/10. Spider-Man outclasses Batman to a MASSIVE degree. Batman isn't fast enough to tag Spider-Man (though he's probably skilled enough to predict his moves) and even if he did it would do literally no damage. Spidey could literally just hold Batman down and theirs not a damn thing he could do about it, he's easily 20x stronger.

To be honest, I think it's kind of even. Considering the popularity of the recent Spider-Man games, and the Arkham series, it seems as if they're equal in many ways. Personally I'm for Batman games, because I'm a Batman fanboy, but I like me some Spider-Man too. I feel like I had more history with Batman games as well. I have played a few Spider-Man games, but none at the level of Arkham or the original NES game yet. Of course I haven't touched the new Spider-Man games, but I'm going to assume they're really good games. 😄