Register Now
Kane99

Ghost of Tsushima devs to be made permanent ambassadors of the real island

Source - VideoGamesChronicle

The devs of Ghost of Tsushima have been made permanent ambassadors of the Japanese island of Tsushima. They are tourism ambassadors of the city in Nagasaki. Japan was happy with the game, and how they showed the history of the area, especially with the Gen-ko period, as some people in Japan don't even know the history. Pretty cool stuff!

That's pretty cool! This is a rare honor in the video game industry. Makes me like the game even more. I recently started playing it, and is amazing so far. I hope in their travels in Japan, that they become inspired even more about the history and maybe make another game. But, when you least expect things, you get more than asked for. So this may be a once in a lifetime honor. And that is pretty great in itself. 

On 3/5/2021 at 8:02 PM, Reality vs Adventure said:

That's pretty cool! This is a rare honor in the video game industry. Makes me like the game even more. I recently started playing it, and is amazing so far. I hope in their travels in Japan, that they become inspired even more about the history and maybe make another game. But, when you least expect things, you get more than asked for. So this may be a once in a lifetime honor. And that is pretty great in itself. 

I totally agree and this highlights the positive impact of gaming which the media will ignore for the most part. They always want to focus on the death threats from the toxic minority of the gaming community but don't seem too keen to highlight the positive impact of gaming.