Register Now
killamch89

Early Thoughts On The Intel Cor I7-11700K

On 3/16/2021 at 1:12 PM, skyfire said:

I wonder if this is the reason why the asus and the msi have not picked this particular one for their builds?

Actually it was due to the fact that they're just launching their new chipset so MSI chose to forgo the 11th gen Intel Chips. Besides, they aren't much of an improvement.

I myself have use i7 10700K that's at 5.3ghz 🙂 and for weeks I have been looking at the 11th gen since my board is updated and ready to take on it all on. But my thoughts so far that the next 11700K is not worth an upgrade, in fact, it's almost a downgrade. Yes same cored and threads and same speed clock, just that the 11th has new PCIe 4 new enchantment intel graphics and some other things that has been improved. But in terms of gaming, seen it max of maybe 10% more then again in other games the 10700K is beating the 11700K.

FOr me the I9 11900K is really worth of an ugrade if that is any good. 

On 3/18/2021 at 8:07 AM, killamch89 said:

Actually it was due to the fact that they're just launching their new chipset so MSI chose to forgo the 11th gen Intel Chips. Besides, they aren't much of an improvement.

I see and considering asus and MSI make use of the specific processor for their builds after tests. I am not surprised they skip on many processors. 

9 hours ago, skyfire said:

I see and considering asus and MSI make use of the specific processor for their builds after tests. I am not surprised they skip on many processors. 

Yeah, they have meetings with AMD and Intel before manufacturing their laptops and if they don't have any new releases by a certain deadline, they'll either choose to wait or forgo that chip for a previous generation.

shame about intel this time around, very bad. at this point in time that Ryzen is going to go full stream ahead for most people number on choice of CPU to go with. At the moment that intel is good for gaming but if intel keeps going down that road then ryzen will soon pickup and over take them and be the gaming kings