Register Now
killamch89

Bill Burr Owning A Dog

I have watched this so many times over the years and even though he's telling a joke, he's right about a lot of things when it comes to dogs. Dogs are very receptive to your emotional state and they typical tend to reciprocate that so if you're anxious and nervous, so will your dog. It also shows that even people who original didn't even want a dog are the ones that grow to truly love them. They change your whole perspective on life.

2 hours ago, The Blackangel said:

I will tell everyone right now, that pitbulls are angels. They're protective, but want to be friends with everyone they meet. You can leave your infant with a pitbull and have nothing to worry about. Anyone who tries anything with your infant will have shit to worry about, but you and your child won't.

Pitbulls always get a bad stereotype but it's usually down to how the owner raises them. I remember one of my neighbors had a Pitbull and she was the sweetest dog on Earth. She literally wanted to play with everyone while I also knew another neighbor growing up who fed his steroids and marijuana tea to make his Pitbull big and super aggressive. I've come across poodles that were far more aggressive than most dogs I've ever encountered.

I think dogs really do pick up on the vibe of their owner. My mom is crazy and screams like a maniac and never has learned to control her temper. She is very destructive. You can go ahead and call that white privilege because it is. She should have been locked up several times but as always gets the free pass. People like that don't learn. She has a little French Brittany Spaniel that is highly aggressive. She yaps at everyone to the point of harassment and bites people's ankles. People demonize pit bulls, but I say if there was ever any reason to put a dog down, then that little bitch dog is it. I always grew up around dogs and my mom did search and rescue using K-9. So crazy how a person who is supposed to understand the behavior of dogs, doesn't realize her own aggressiveness rubs off on them. 

8 hours ago, Reality vs Adventure said:

I think dogs really do pick up on the vibe of their owner. My mom is crazy and screams like a maniac and never has learned to control her temper. She is very destructive. You can go ahead and call that white privilege because it is. She should have been locked up several times but as always gets the free pass. People like that don't learn. She has a little French Brittany Spaniel that is highly aggressive. She yaps at everyone to the point of harassment and bites people's ankles. People demonize pit bulls, but I say if there was ever any reason to put a dog down, then that little bitch dog is it. I always grew up around dogs and my mom did search and rescue using K-9. So crazy how a person who is supposed to understand the behavior of dogs, doesn't realize her own aggressiveness rubs off on them. 

That's why I'm careful when telling them to do something I always say it in a calm tone because I realized at an early age that shouting at animals tends to make them anxious.

The majority of attacks that are labeled as pitbulls are misidentified. Over 90% are mutts that have a characteristic of a pitbull. Head shape, muscle distribution, shoulder width, or something else. Sure they may have had pit somewhere in their lineage, but the dog itself is not a pitbull.

I had a neighbor when I was a kid who had 3 pitbulls and I was scared to death of them. Not because they were pits, but because he beat and starved them. Which in turn made them mean as hell because they were always fighting for any food they could get, and learned quick that they had to defend themselves when people were around. I was 10 at the time. I didn't know of it existing at that age, but I would be willing to bet that he was in the dog fighting world.

People like him make me sick. Those dogs could have been so sweet they gave everyone diabetes. Unfortunately..............

My pitbull was so thin when we got her that I think she was starved as well. She was timid, but it was still love at first sight for both of us. Now though shes happy and healthy. Maybe a little chunky, but otherwise in great shape. Entitled as hell, but that's how we both like it.

On 3/18/2021 at 9:19 AM, The Blackangel said:

The majority of attacks that are labeled as pitbulls are misidentified. Over 90% are mutts that have a characteristic of a pitbull. Head shape, muscle distribution, shoulder width, or something else. Sure they may have had pit somewhere in their lineage, but the dog itself is not a pitbull.

I had a neighbor when I was a kid who had 3 pitbulls and I was scared to death of them. Not because they were pits, but because he beat and starved them. Which in turn made them mean as hell because they were always fighting for any food they could get, and learned quick that they had to defend themselves when people were around. I was 10 at the time. I didn't know of it existing at that age, but I would be willing to bet that he was in the dog fighting world.

People like him make me sick. Those dogs could have been so sweet they gave everyone diabetes. Unfortunately..............

My pitbull was so thin when we got her that I think she was starved as well. She was timid, but it was still love at first sight for both of us. Now though shes happy and healthy. Maybe a little chunky, but otherwise in great shape. Entitled as hell, but that's how we both like it.

I remember when I was younger and i used to live with my mom, we had this neighbor with a dog. I've never personally seen them ill-treat the dog or anything but I noticed that whenever their dog got away, they actually had to go and find him whereas our yard didn't even have a fence but my dogs stayed home all the time. My neighbor said he was jealous because my dogs didn't seem to want to go anywhere and I asked him why would they?