Register Now
killamch89

Asus Flow X13 Review - Smallest Ryzen Gaming Laptop

This little gaming laptop has an eGPU dock which allows you to use a desktop-grade GPU to give you the ultimate laptop experience. I do have to note that the eGPU dock is rather expensive. Without it, the dedicated GPU of the laptop is GTX 1650 TI. What are your thoughts on this?

Truly impressive level of performance in a thin and light 2-in-1. Perfect for those that are looking for something small and simple and raw power and is always on the go. G14 looked almost perfect, If it just had a webcam! Asus did it right with this one!

Wounder if there is a Intel verion of this model and end of the day I still stick to Desktops. 

15 hours ago, Empire said:

Truly impressive level of performance in a thin and light 2-in-1. Perfect for those that are looking for something small and simple and raw power and is always on the go. G14 looked almost perfect, If it just had a webcam! Asus did it right with this one!

Wounder if there is a Intel verion of this model and end of the day I still stick to Desktops. 

The only grip I've had with this is the cost of the eGPU which cost something like around the $1000 mark which is bloody expensive. Then getting an actually desktop-grade GPU is another cost. 

10 hours ago, killamch89 said:

The only grip I've had with this is the cost of the eGPU which cost something like around the $1000 mark which is bloody expensive. Then getting an actually desktop-grade GPU is another cost. 

CHeaper to get a desktop with GPU in it or make your own 😛

12 hours ago, Empire said:

CHeaper to get a desktop with GPU in it or make your own 😛

That's true. I wouldn't get this gaming laptop but I probably see the appeal of it to someone like a 3-D animator who'd need a far more powerful GPU but also need their setup to be portable. Otherwise, it doesn't really have that much use to the average gamer.

3D animators and the video creators require bigger screen. they usually get Mac or dell screen and the desktop if possible. Nobody takes 13 inch for anything that requires level of detailing. I mean what level of detailing you get on small screen? none. 

Gaming Laptops does not last as long as Desktops anyway, LAptops can't be upgraded, just SSD storage to more ram but everything else is built into the board. With desktops you can upgrade anytime you want and able to keep boards or CPU for longer as you want 🙂 

21 hours ago, Empire said:

Gaming Laptops does not last as long as Desktops anyway

Not true, they are pretty much on par with the desktop machines. How you use them decides the outcome. There are many MSI models which have been used just fine for years like desktop machines. 

But has the long years move on with heavy games and new hardware and new tech it's not going to be that good. My last gaming Laptop that I had lasted me three years. I did like it but the chip on the board failed when I turn it on day day and would cost me a bomb to replace. 

On 3/29/2021 at 5:38 PM, Empire said:

But has the long years move on with heavy games and new hardware and new tech it's not going to be that good. My last gaming Laptop that I had lasted me three years. I did like it but the chip on the board failed when I turn it on day day and would cost me a bomb to replace. 

Only thing about those laptops is you can't update processor and motherboard, and the RAM and the HDD, or the SSD can be upgraded. Most of the time our handling makes the difference for any laptop. 

4 hours ago, skyfire said:

Only thing about those laptops is you can't update processor and motherboard, and the RAM and the HDD, or the SSD can be upgraded. Most of the time our handling makes the difference for any laptop. 

You can also swap out things like the battery as well. On other gaming laptops, you can upgrade the RAM.